- Definition of Personal Information
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use the information gathered for the following purposes:
- In order to operate systems for membership management that is needed when using the Service;
- In order to allow seamless use of the Service by the Users;
- In order to prepare statistical data on the use of the Service;
- In order to conduct questionnaires concerning the Service currently offered or planned to be offered;
- In order to respond to inquiries from the Users;
- In order to notify the information relating to the Service or the advertising information or the like by a business operator other than the Company serving as the advertiser via email newsletters or the like;
- In order to develop and offer new plans relating to the Service in the future;
- In order to carry out drawing and/or prize/product shipping as part of a promotional campaign or the like;
- In order to conduct identity verification upon an inquiry from a User or the like;
- In order to conduct communications as necessary, such as providing important information on the Service; and,
- In order to allow the use by the Users, such as login to the Service, deliver products or the like, handle inquiries, and execute refund, payment or other transactions with the Company.
- Change of Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company may change the purposes of use of personal information within a scope that is reasonably deemed to have considerable relevance, and upon making a change, it shall notify customers or make an announcement in an appropriate section of the Service.
- Proper Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall properly acquire personal information and shall not acquire it by false or any other fraudulent means.
- Limitation to Use of Personal Information
Except when it is allowed under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws/regulations, the Company shall not handle personal information beyond the scope that is necessary to achieve the purposes of use without consent of customers, except the following cases:
- When it is pursuant to laws/regulations;
- When it is necessary for protecting a human life, body or property, but it is difficult to obtain consent of customers;
- When it is specifically necessary for improving public health or sound nurturing of children, but it is difficult to obtain consent of customers;
- When it is necessary to cooperate with an organization of the national or local government, or the parties consigned by such organization, performing services prescribed in laws/regulations, but obtaining consent of customers may pose a problem for the performance of such service;
When a claim is made that corresponds to Article 4 of the Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Right to Demand Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders, and it is judged legitimate by the Company; or,
When entrusting to a third party handling of personal information within an extent that is necessary for operational execution within the scope of the Purposes of Use of Personal Information (However, it shall be limited to the minimum information required for the entrustment. In addition, the Company shall control such entrusted third party to the maximum extent possible.)
- Safe Control of Personal Information
The Company shall take necessary and appropriate measures for prevention of loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of the personal information it handles or other measures for safe control of personal information. Furthermore, when entrusting handling of personal information in part or whole, the Company shall ensure that only authorized personnel will handle personal information.
The Company shall appropriately supervise its employees for safe control of personal information.
- Disclosure of Acquired Information to Third Party
The Company shall disclose acquired information to third parties in the following cases:
- When it is judged necessary by the Company for the operation and provision of services;
- The Company may provide acquired information pursuant to laws/regulations and the like upon a request of a court, administrative body, competent ministry or any other public agency to provide acquired information, when any reasonable reason for rejecting the provision is not found;
- When it is judged by the Company that disclosure is required to protect the rights and/or interests of the users of the services offered by the Company or a third party in order to solve dispute with a third party; or,
- When it is judged by the Company that disclosure of acquired information is needed for other reasons, acquired information may be disclosed upon obtaining consent of customers.
- Correction/Deletion of Personal Information
Upon receiving a request from a User him/herself for correction or deletion, the Company shall conduct required investigation without delay within a scope needed for the achievement of the purposes of use, and based on the outcome, details of personal information shall be corrected or the like, and that effect notified to the User. (When it is decided not to conduct correction or the like, that effect shall be notified to the User.) However, it shall not apply in the case where the Company is not obliged to make correction or the like pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws/regulations.
- Discontinuation of Use of Personal Information
Upon receiving a request from a User him/herself to discontinue the use of or delete, pursuant to the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, personal information of such User for a reason that it is used beyond the scope of the purposes of use announced in advance or that it has been acquired by false or any other fraudulent means, the Company shall, upon finding out that such claim is with reason, discontinue the use of personal information or the like without delay, and that effect shall be notified to the customer. However, it shall not apply in the case where the Company is not obliged to discontinue the use or the like pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws/regulations.
- Use of Cookie and Other Technologies
The Company’s services may use Cookie or similar technologies, which the Company finds useful in grasping the status of use of the Company’s services or the like and contribute to service improvements. Any user wishing to disable Cookie may do so by changing the web browser setup. However, when Cookie is disabled, some functions of the Service may no longer be available.